This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What do you fish for????

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: What do you fish for????

Postby Donny M » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Brother just sent me this picture of the brown he caught yesterday, some day he'll learn to fish :wink: :lol: :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:27 pm

Taking bow and arrows to Iowa along with other fishing quipment. Plan on shooting carp below the dam at Red Field, Iowa. Need clear low water to get a shoot at carp trying to swim over the dam.

Going catfishing if the water is high and murky.

Edit. No carp and the catfishing sucked.
I have an excuse. CRS.

CountryCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32466
eBay ID: Seth.James.S
Tractors Owned: Partial ownership with BRay
1951 Cub- Andy
1949 Cub- Amos
1957 Cub- Elsie
1955 Cub- Swamp cub
1948 Lo-Boy- Anna
1949 H- Boss Man
1950 C-
1953 Super C-
International Cadet-Scooter
Cub Cadet- Louis Martin

Postby CountryCub » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:10 pm

Down here (Florida) I mainly fish for Freshwater: Bass, crapie, bream, catfish, and walleye. Saltwater: Sail Cat, red snapper, and anything else that wants a bite :)
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today." --Robert E. LeeImage

Jerry M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27521

Postby Jerry M » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:16 pm

dakcub wrote:
jerlee28515 wrote:Channel Bass. aka : red fish, puppy drum, old drum. Oh, and speckled trout.

WOW....what size line did it take to capture that big boy?
Robert (jaw hanging open) Miller

Robert, I was using 17 lb. test and a 2/0 hook. We were fishing in 3 feet of water targeting the same breed of fish but in the legal size range (18" to 27"). I was totally caught by supprise when this monster picked up such a small piece of bait. We fish for this size fish too, just for sport but when we do, we normally use 25 lb. test line and an 8/0 hook. We normally fish for those on 8 to 11 foot of water too. So, you can Imagine how supprised I was, not to mention the patience it took to land that sucker with such light weight tackle. :)

Jerry M
1951 Cub, 22 Mower, 54 Grader Blade, Danco International Belly Mower,
193 Moldboard Plow, #144 Cultivators, Disk Hillers, IH Two-Section Spring Tooth Harrow, #16 Middle Buster, #3 Field Cultivator, Hester Tractor Plow, 2 Disk Harrows.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”