This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Puppy Love

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Puppy Love

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:50 pm

Several years ago my daughter asked about getting a puppy. Being an adult she can make her own decisions but since she lives with us she respects our rights. I told her I didn’t really want a pup around the house and Rosanne felt the same way. About four or five months later a coworker had to give up his two Border Collies because they had outgrown his ½ acre lot. Border Collies need much more room than that for them to lead a happy life. He posted a “free to a good home” ad on the bulletin board at work and I gave him a call.

These dogs were only 1 ½ years old and young enough to learn well. With 5 ½ acres I knew these girls would have plenty of room to run. Our present dog at the time was aging and we knew he only had a few good years left. He was a well mannered dog and never gave us a problem so I thought the new additions could learn from him. For those of you fortunate enough to have met our dogs you can see we were the lucky new owners. Melissa quickly forgot about her puppy wants and had a good time with the two new additions.

After we had to put down our faithful Border Collie/Rottweiler friend of 13 years I mentioned to Rosanne that I would like to add a Border Collie pup to go along with our two Border Collies we have. My thinking was that a pup would pick up the habits of the two we have and we would have an experienced replacement down the road when the present Borders time came to go to the great beyond. Rosie quickly vetoed my idea and that was the end of that.

This week after I had gotten home from my DC trip Melissa mentioned that a woman in the area had a six puppies from her dogs litter. They were from parents who were registered Border Collies. Again, respecting that it was our house and we made the rules, she asked me if she could have one. Knowing Rosie vetoed the idea before, I immediately said no to the idea.

Needless to say my daughter was heartbroken. I talked to Rosanne later and asked why she thought a third dog would be so bad. I mentioned that it would hardly be noticeable with the room we had. She felt she would have to care for it and didn’t have time to do that.

The next day I called a family meeting to discuss the situation. I asked Melissa who would be paying all the expenses for this puppy. She said she was going to cover all food, vet and any other bills. I then asked her who was going to care for the pup as far as cleaning, grooming and such. She said she would do all that. I looked at Rosie and she said okay, provided Melissa keeps her word (she will).

Needless to say we welcomed a very playful Bailey the pup into the barnyard yesterday afternoon. I think she will fit in quite well and add greatly to the protective services needed to watch over a herd of Cubs.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Re: Puppy Love

Postby Mr E » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Ahhh, too cute! I wish I was close enough to get one! Simply adorable.
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Re: Puppy Love

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:43 pm

Sure is a cutie we have 3 dogs, its not xo bad.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”