This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farm land values.

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Farm land values.

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:15 pm

agebb.missouri.edu/commag/beef/audit/mocomp.htm

Above has some farm real estate values for the US. I found this looking for average pasture land rent in Missouri. There is more than likely something similiar for your state.

Edit: extension.missouri.edu then search for "2008 cash rental rates".
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Re: Farm land values.

Postby daddydip » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:24 pm

eugene, i love the lay of the land in missouri, but are you trying to get everyone to move their cubs out there? :lol: :lol: :lol:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Son is the registered owner of the acreage, 35.92 acres (+/-), including three buildings of no value according to the assessor. His annual property tax for bare land is less than $50- a year.

I/we also have to pay personal property tax. And personal property tax on machinery. I have to check, but the Cub is about $1.00 a year.

No, you all stay away. I've had my experiences with east and west coast people selling out and moving to the Midwest. They have a tendency to way over pay for property thinking they are getting a very good deal based on their previous property prices. Hill billies, welcome.

Family history, city slicker story. Relatives from Chicago would visit my Grandpa. Grandpa owned 2640 acres and had 5 or 6 full time hired men. Relatives come to visit. Grandpa would take the visitation time off and entertain the relatives. Relatives thought this was the good life, just fantastic, no work. Sold out in Chicago and moved to an unkept farm in Iowa, in January.

They had to immediately put in fence. Ground frozen 3 feet deep. They were taking a tea pot and heating it on the kitchen range then rushing to the post hole and pouring the hot water in the hole. Dig until they reached frozen ground - back to the house to boil more water.
I have an excuse. CRS.

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743

Postby DanR » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:21 am

Don't worry Eugene this Appalachian American is staying put. When I was a youngster prime corn land in Nebraska was under $1000 an acre.
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:15 am

daddydip wrote:eugene,......... are you trying to get everyone to move their cubs out there?
It reduces the length of the night time drives to "liberate" cubs. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”