This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gun season is almost here!

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Gun season is almost here!

Postby Trent M » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 am

Illinois' first shotgun season is this weekend, Fri-Sun. I'm getting excited! We went to check on stands this past weekend and there's lots of deer sign ... and I mean LOTS!! We walked out down a path I mowed for my sister to walk into her stand. We had just got in the truck and I looked right back down that path and there was a pretty nice buck (I'll guess ~140") standing there looking at us. We had just walked by there a few seconds before. I wonder how close we were when we went by him? Its possible that this was the buck that I let walk last year. I hope my sister gets a crack at him. In any event, he didn't seem to mind at all that we were there. I think he was hoping to get a look at one of the Cubs. :wink:

Trent McPeak

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Re: Gun season is almost here!

Postby KETCHAM » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:55 pm

Ours is coming up also.Time to get the smoke pole out.I've seen quite a few in the back yard,around the apple tree in the far corner.Meat hunting here,big doe I hope!!Kevin :twisted: :twisted:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”