This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deer population

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Deer population

Postby ToddW » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 am

Most weekend warriors that hunt around here couldn't shoot a building if they were standing in front of it. That stat just proves there aim is getting worse. They were trying to hit some barns and buildings out of frustration, but missed them entirely :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Deer population

Postby BigBill » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I been there in seeing a mountainlion in vt too(called a catamount in vt) all the locals laughed at us but when a local who moved in from colorado said she seen it too who lives nearby me its a whole different story. We have to remember my land/camp is bordered by the national forest and i'm the last place on that side of the valley were all alone in the wilds so we get animals going by all the time like moose, blackbear and maybe a deer if were lucky to even see a deer. I think a mountainlion takes its toll on the deer heard by killing a deer every 4 or 5 days.

In CT while being out on night bike rides to the shore there's a residental neighborhood known as woodbridge(town) we seen 12pters and 14pters on the road side and the biggest buck i have ever seen in the road there too. We just have too many deer here were over populated so there lottery deer license system isn't working. Yet they still use the same lottery system every year with no decrease in the deer population.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”