This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fish-in

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Fish-in

Postby Ralph » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:29 pm

:D My 11 year old son , :D Rex has been after me for a while wanting to go fishing 8) . I told him as soon as the ice was out of the lakes that i would take him out and let him catch a few :P , It was perty nice this morning so I took him to the lake and he did just that :) Just in case you can't see the smile on that boys face :D it took the rest of the day for it to wear off 8) . Made me feel perty good to to have him say dad you know just where them fishes live don't you 8) and I said shure do son all you have to do is knock on their door with the right bait and they will just jump on the hook for ya :!:

Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:47 pm

Ralph, It don't get any better than that! Looks like you have a great son and a good fishin spot!
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:50 pm

Dennis
:D Rex is a wonderful child stratght A honor roll polite and courtious and for an11 year old like you said it just don't get any better than that :!:

Thank-ya SiR:
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

Rev Jim
10+ Years
10+ Years

Great Catch Rex

Postby Rev Jim » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:20 pm

Ralph:
Rex seems to be learning quiet a bit on the fishing tactics. Keep at it with him. One of these days he will load the OL MAN up and take him fishing.
here in Buckhannon we have the Best Small Mouth fishing around. Smallies in excess of 3-5 lbs are not uncommon. The Buckhannon is also Muskie rich too. Big one in excess of 50" some were caught last year that
would best the WV State Record but where they were caught in the Buckhannon is Catch and Release and verly strongly enforced by DNR.
They have a tagging program goiung on here now for Muskie. DNR shocks the water :P And up they come biggins and littlins too. Some really nice nice fish are waiting on a 11 yr old from KY. Rev JIM

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Trot Line Report

Postby Eugene » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:10 pm

Trot line report: 11 Jul
2 Channel catfish 1 1/2 to 2 lbs.
1 Flathead catfish about 12 lbs.
1 Black Crappie about 1/2 lb.

Rod and reel: 9 bluegills hand size.

Smaller fish returned to water.
I have an excuse. CRS.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Fish-in

Postby beaconlight » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:29 pm

This makes me laugh. I have a 3 1/2 acre private pond. If I fish it heavy and don't throw any back the fish get bigger next year. In 1984 when I bought the place I studied all Dept of Agriculture had on farm fish ponds. They stated that a given body of water would hold so many pounds of fish. It doesn't really matter if it is 2000, 1 pound fish or 1000, 2 pound fish. To improve the ability or water to hold fish they recommended manure as fertilizer. They did mention that if you intended to swim in the pond that manure was not the way to go. In that case they recommended 8 8 8 chemical fertilizer.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”