This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Stump Removal, Ground Leveling

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Stump Removal, Ground Leveling

Postby Eugene » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 pm

Mount a wooden box on top of stump. Block of salt or mineral sets in box. Cattle will stomp the ground exposing the roots. These roots were exposed last summer. In a year ot two the stump will be loose enough to pull out.

Cattle also stomp down the weeds and help level the ground. Rain levels out the ground. Bare ground attracts turkeys for dusting themselves.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: Stump Removal, Ground Leveling

Postby beaconlight » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:24 am

The old timers used pigs too to root out.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:03 pm

I have never used dynomite so that might be fun. :lol: :lol: I like pulling them out with the tractor in reverse so you don't flip it.Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Glxy500
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36280
Tractors Owned: 48' Cub "Junky"
152 Disc Plow
Scratcher (according to cottonpicker)

53' Cub "Ray"
152 Disc Plow

53' Super A "Spunky"
4 Spring tooth cultivators

06' John Deere 125 Automatic Mower

Postby Glxy500 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:40 pm

I burn most of the big ones out. We just like sittin around the old stump till it burns a bit. I dig under it if its where I can where I can put some of the little stuff down in there, I use a little diesel or kerosene to get the little stuff wet enough to soak a little. Wait till late in the evening and light the hole, push a little dirt up around it and let it slowly burn. If you got beer, you can get at least 10 or 15 round the stump, will level and stomp the weeds down, lol. I drink Sweet T so , not normally but about 3 ppl around the stump.Will slowly burn all night, dirt will keep from burning fast and spreading. Like putting a pig in the ground.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”