This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

wire grass

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: wire grass

Postby danovercash » Tue May 18, 2010 10:24 am

Info. on one of the links suggests 50/50, other links say 2/3's water and 1/3 round-up. Too thin and it will drip.You only need/want to get a small amount of active ingedient on plant to kill it.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dirtdoc74
Cub Star!
Cub Star!
Zip Code: 47037

Postby Dirtdoc74 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:25 pm

DanR is persistent with his safety first message! I applaude him for it..This is not a joke, I really admire him for trying to keep us safe from our ignorance. Herbicides can be dangerous. so can a loaded 38 pistol. Handled correctly both are safe and useful. The label is the official guidelines for any pesticide use. Rubber gloves, eye protection, and other personnal protection items(rubber boots, long shirt sleeves ect) are important, otherwise you may be playing russian rullette. Sooner or later...ooops. and that can be bad. If I misled anyone I appologize...Good Luck Greg

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 am

Dan and DirtDoc are correct. All necessary saftey gear should be worn and cautions followed. Using a wick system will probably use less active ingredient than spraying. Yes accidents will happen, years ago I got a shoe full of 2-4-D. BTW, went to school, got the license, Had to have it for working in the Public School System Maintenance Department.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”