This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

putting the old folks to work

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

putting the old folks to work

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm

My wife is a retired teacher, and they called today asking her to fill in for an aid that has to have surgery, which she agreed to. Our garden is about done for due to the heat, and I decided to clear it off since she will not have time to can, etc. much more this year. Mom (89) who lives right behind us is always wishing for something to do, so I asked if she would like to help. Here she is, sitting in the lawn swing, surrounded by a pile of green been plants I pulled up and brought up for her to pull the pods off. This is about half of them. Bet she doesn't complain about being bored for a while. :lol:

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: putting the old folks to work

Postby Mr E » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 pm

I dunna, I give her a couple hours and she'll be done. Those old folks believe in getting it done. :lol:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 pm

When I was a little kid I had to stay around the house and help the women pick and shell peas and beans. My mother, grandmother and aunts sat on the wrap-around porch to shell or break beans
I longed to go to the fields with the men.
When I was old enough to go to the fields, it wasn't long 'til I wished I was back on the porch.
Best,
Mike
Tractors are made to work!
"A Cub will do as much as a team of horses,.. More in hot weather!" - C. W. Spradlin 1909-1994

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

I just don't understnad the older generation, just because they are almost 90 they think they should not have to work unless they feel like it. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:51 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I just don't understnad the older generation, just because they are almost 90 they think they should not have to work unless they feel like it. :lol:

Must have spent too much time listening to the younger generation. :) The older generation had a work ethic MOST youngsters couldn't comprehend. :{_}: :{_}: God Bless Em!!! Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”