This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Honey

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Honey

Postby daddydip » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:26 pm

I went out today and pulled a couple of supers off the hive today, my dog hot nuts got loose in the middle of it all. i had to stop and get him tethered again then go back to robbing. I left the whole mess out there next to the hive and figure i'll go out and make a grab of it at sunrise tomorrow. I'll have to call my buddy up and see if he's still set up to extract, if not I'll pull the extractor down and there will be trouble in the kitchen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Honey

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Good luck, Michael.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:13 am

Michael, I Like what you named your dog. Neighbor has a cat named Big Balls. Not what ya think but when the cat was young it used to play with a beach ball and a soccer ball and would have nothing to do with a tennis ball or any small ball!!! Funny how life works. Good luck with your Honey. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 pm

grumpy wrote:Michael, I Like what you named your dog. Neighbor has a cat named Big Balls. Not what ya think but when the cat was young it used to play with a beach ball and a soccer ball and would have nothing to do with a tennis ball or any small ball!!! Funny how life works. Good luck with your Honey. Grump

Grump the dog used to lose his mind when the squirrels dropped the hickory nuts down around him, per hot at the nuts ,shortened to hot nuts. He is my bi polar rescue dog.Saturday I went over to a buddy of mine from thirty years ago that i met subcontracting the phone service at the local VA. He has A pretty nice honey room set up and we extracted my honey. I got about 3/5th of a tall 5 gal bucket, I could have took more but i am satisfied . Really nice honey . you could taste the different types as we uncapped it,locust, clover,golden rod, fruit tree and wild flower. Eric offered to separate it and bottle it up separately but I thought that that would be a bit much. so it all went straight into the bucket.Raw. I went out after and helped him pull supers off his hives until he had to get going to take his family to a concert at the local state college. His wife was baking fresh bread so i got to taste that straight from the oven. A really nice day.He also raises nubian goats as i do so my buck problem has been solved.
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:48 am

Michael, I'm green with envy...Fresh baked bread and new honey all in the same day!!!!
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”