This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Turkeys and Poults on the back 9 (or so)

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Groove Critter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44045
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub (Sophie)
1949 cub Loren
1954 cub Nussie

Turkeys and Poults on the back 9 (or so)

Postby Groove Critter » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:05 am

You see some pretty neat things when you are getting some quality seat time on a cub. I am not sure if this is the best place to put this post. I thought some cub members might like to see the video that I took for my wife (since she was not home and would have loved to see the turkeys -instead of the same old one she always sees).

The glass is half full
the upper portion is wasted material
the content is delicious, cold and refreshing!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Turkeys and Poults on the back 9 (or so)

Postby Bill Hudson » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:21 am

Dave,

Wildlife in the city. Nice, until the deer start eating shrubs or the turkeys scratch up the garden. :(

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Groove Critter
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44045
Tractors Owned: 1948 cub (Sophie)
1949 cub Loren
1954 cub Nussie

Postby Groove Critter » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:43 am

I do know what you mean Bill. She was fond of seeing the deer in the back yard too until they started nipping at the fig trees buds. They were off the list real quick then too.

As for the turkeys, I have a real nice Turkey frier...that is where I prefer my turkeys.

It was bad enough that the coons got all of our sweet corn last year; my nephew tells me how fond of racoons he is too. So, I agree to trap them and release.

Of course, grounds hogs...that is another story altogether. My nephew asks me, what is that 50 gallon drum doing next to the trap? And he says, why is it filled with water....The golden parakeets finches like to have a drink out of the barrel of course. :roll:
The glass is half full
the upper portion is wasted material
the content is delicious, cold and refreshing!

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby bob in CT » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Did you hear about the guy in Toronto that is facing 2 years in jail for chasing off raccoons with a rake handle? I hear they have become a big problem in the city.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”