This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Browning X-Bolt

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Michael Beck
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35466
Circle of Safety: Y

Browning X-Bolt

Postby Michael Beck » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 am

Anyone own or ever owned a Browning X-Bolt? If so what are your thoughts on this rifle. I grew up around Winchester Model 70's but looked at a Browning Stainless Stalker and I have to say it felt extremely good.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Re: Browning X-Bolt

Postby grumpy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:58 am

Have a friend who got one to use this year. Accuracy is great but I'm not impressed with the composite stock with the dull black finish. I told him for around $1000.00 I'd want a better lookin (walnut) stock. His stock still looks better than my beat up walnut stock though. Good trigger pull too. A bit heavy pull but extremely smooth. @ 250 yds he groups less than 3/4 ". He has the 30-06. I'm sure you would be quite happy with it. Not sure of the weight but seems light enough to carry all day. Get it and let us know. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Michael Beck
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35466

Re: Browning X-Bolt

Postby Michael Beck » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:59 pm

I agree on the dull composite stock. Looked at the medallion with a walnut stock and it was impressive and 50 dollars cheaper. Since this gun will be my sons Christmas present ( he should thank his mother because she won a drawing) I think I will go with the composite stock. Will let you know after Christmas how it performs.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”