This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Toy

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Jeff
10+ Years
10+ Years

New Toy

Postby Jeff » Thu Apr 10, 2003 9:58 pm

Well I picked up a new (old) toy the other day to plink with around the farm. I was taking a load of aluminum cans to the recycle center for the Boy Scouts when lo and behold, there beside the road sat an old David Bradley walkbehind for sale. Stopped in and talked to the old gent who was selling it and wouldn't you know by the time I was ready to leave he'd done talked me into taking the old girl off this hands and had her loaded up in the pickup. You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I pulled up to the house. :roll:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John ('48 Cub, Ohio)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43713

Postby John ('48 Cub, Ohio) » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:10 am

Don't 'cha just hate it when cool stuff follow you home? My wife just doesn't understand it either.... :wink:
John ('48 Cub, Ohio)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:15 am

I recently picked one of those up. But amazingly enough, it was my wife who steered me to it and encouraged me to buy it. It is totally disassembled now and being prepared for paint. I don't have the correct motor, but I have one that fits and runs well so I guess I won't be a purist.
Last edited by Bigdog on Tue Apr 15, 2003 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Yo's Dad
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Yo's Dad » Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:04 am

BD: Dust off that G2 and post a pic. Hope your knees and leg are doing better. Maw says Hi.
YD, Grover and Ole Malley
‘Keepers of the Flame’ Image

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:59 pm

Her ya go Pop. BTW - ignore the license plate on the truck. It ain't yours! :D By the way, Hi to Maw :!: Image
Bigdog

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:30 am

bigdog, i have already swapped off most of my david bradley stuff, but i know i still got a plow or two and some other odds and ends around. perhaps you and i could work up a swap. a couple of the things i am looking for are the bearings for the rear rockshaft #514 549 r1 and 514 548 r1, and a left side hood / grill support. if you have any of those we might work something out. if not i guess you could just come and get this stuff if you would like. phantom.
phantom

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:34 am

b t w bigdog, mine is a working cub and will not be restored by me, so that hood support could be in any condition as long as it will hold the hood off the radiator top. phantom
phantom

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:09 am

The hood is supposed to be held by a small bracket that is welded to the hood and bolts to the radiator side channel. The grille side panel shouldn't be supporting the hood, but only holding the grille.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Bigdog » Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:27 am

Phantom, My parts cub is supposed to arrive this summer. If there is anything you can use, you're welcome to it. I'm sure we can work out a trade. I appreciate the offer of the David Bradley stuff, I have nothing for mine yet so it would be a good start.
Bigdog

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:33 am

thanks for the tip jim. i have never looked at a cub properly assembled.as far as i know there are none in the immediate area for me to examine. mine is just as it was when i swapped my outboard for it, except for the n
ew clutch i put in it. guess i got more missing parts than i knew about.
phantom

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:38 am

bigdog, i looked around, found the plows, a cultivator, extra wheels and hubs, an extra pully, engine etc. oh well, as you can see by previous posts i still gotta find more parts. i suppose most of it will still be here so you can pick it up on your way to portland.
phantom

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”