This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What to do with Corn Flakes?

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
littleflower
10+ Years
10+ Years

What to do with Corn Flakes?

Postby littleflower » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:39 pm

Hi,
I have two opended boxes of corn flakes in my cupboard. (They aren't the favorite breakfast cereal around here.) I want to use them before they go stale. I have a couple cookie recipes and I can use them as a coating for chicken, but I was wondering if anyone else has any recipes or ideas on how to use them up?
Thanks,
Fleurette

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:59 pm

I went to the Kelloggs site and did a search for recipes using corn flakes. This is what I got:
http://www.kelloggs.com/cgi-bin/brandpa ... roduct=449
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

agnes
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43420

corn flakess

Postby agnes » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:53 am

My sugesstion would be to roll them fine , and then freeze them to be used later. Would keep a long time.

Agnes

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wise Owl » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:26 pm

Well Bigdog, I don't know how you do it. I checked out the corn flake recipies at the canadian version for Kellogg's site which is at http://www.kelloggs.ca/cgi-bin/klog-can ... artat=3607 and I was absolutely amazed. I was the one cleaning my keyboard after drooling all over it. I joined the kellogg's recipe club and all

Thank you for the information.

Emilie

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:47 pm

I know this is for the better halfs but who is to say that I am not the better half in this household. lol I was in the grocery store and I saw kellogs corn flake crumbs in the baking isle in a small box looked good to me I am on a sever diet and was looking for something to put on my fat free low cal pudding for a crunch. I know I am weird HUH
Have a good one
MagMan

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:11 am

Jon:

I know who the Better Half in my household is :!: :idea: :lol: but I pop in occassionally as well. Em and I are hoping that this forum will take off and become very popular with both halfs in the household :lol: :lol:

I use Post Grape Nuts :idea: :!: Awesome cereal, and even more awesome on top of yogurt, bannanas and milk, any fruit really. They are also good for you.

Another cereal we use is Kellogg's All Bran Buds. Tons of psyllium which all nutritionists in the cardiac wellness programs highly recommend. Lots of fiber and such I guess and tastes really good.

Em has come up with a bunch of recipies and variants that incorporate the Buds and the experience is well worth trying.

Also, using the Corn Flakes in a snack mix might be an idea. They are good for you and in combination with some of the other cereal products that are regularily used in things like Bits and Bites etc., unlike the packaged products which are heavy in the bad fats and really high in sodium. Mix that with peanuts, raisins, other dried fruits, sunflower seeds, flax and sesame seeds etc., and I think with some experimentation a really awesome snack could be prepared.

Yust mi dos centavos y'all.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon May 02, 2005 6:40 am

Hey Rudi My Friend...Ol' Country uses Grape Nuts on No Suger Added Vanilla Ice Cream (and don't forget to add a few shelled Pistachio nuts too!) :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”