This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

US Drought Monitor/Forcast

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

US Drought Monitor/Forcast

Postby Eugene » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:05 am

Dated 29 Jan 13. http://www.crh.noaa.gov/sgf/?n=drought_briefing

Attended a class, 2 Feb 13, hosted by Conservation Dept on harvesting and removal of red cedar. Short section of class was quantity of water consumed by one weed tree per day. Interesting comment made was that the foresters and conservation folks were finding suddenly dead single and groups of quality trees that were healthy during last site visit. I also gathered from the conversation/discussion that the conservation folks expected the drought to continue well into 2013.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: US Drought Monitor/Forcast

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 am

In my opinion... another important subject is the Missouri Department of Natural Resources (DNR) that operates a water-level monitoring well network at sites throughout your state (Missouri.) The monitoring wells are equipped with data collection platforms that transmit the data to a GOES satellite which relays the data to a USGS Land Receiving Ground Station so that the data can be provided cooperatively by the DNR and USGS on a real-time basis. History shows ground water levels are low and getting lower not only in your state.

The aquifer is depleting at unimaginable rate because of agriculture deep well pumping because of drought conditions and cities expanding their fresh water systems to accommodate extra needs.
(An aquifer is an underground layer of water-bearing permeable rock or unconsolidated materials (gravel, sand, or silt) from which groundwater can be extracted using water well(s)).

I personally know an Environmental Scientist and he has his opinion along with government data why this is happening.

I can live without petroleum … although a hardship, but without fresh water is another story.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: US Drought Monitor/Forcast

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:28 pm

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”