This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

EPA Regs, Rat and Mouse Poison

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

EPA Regs, Rat and Mouse Poison

Postby Eugene » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:41 am

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/mice-and-rats/

Short long story. Went to local farm and ranch store to pick up some rat and mouse poison to place in farm storage sheds. Many years I was able to purchase a box of poison with individual packets. I would remove the packets from the box and toss individual packets along the building side walls.

No longer available. Gotta buy bait stations and load the poison into each station.

After discussion about the regulation, determined that I could buy the blocks of poison and not purchase the stations. Also found out that bags of livestock feed are considered food stuff - as if it were for human consumption.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: EPA Regs, Rat and Mouse Poison

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 pm

It won't be long before the air that you let out of your tires will have to be captured and disposed of properly.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Several years ago, a pest control guy told me that rat and mouse poison now needed to be in an enclosed station. I shouldn't just stab a spike through the hole in the cube and stick it in the ground. They don't want the neighbor's dog getting into it. I always figured if the neighbor's dog ate it, it was a problem solved. I don't suppose the neighbors would agree.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:23 pm

So instead of one updated safety design, they have tier 1-4 and you have to decide where you'll put it and what you don't want to eat it.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”