This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How should I use my land?

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:54 pm

Dan:

Long story. Early 1960's I was working for my uncle shelling corn just south of the army post/Des Moines city limits. One of the neighbors said that he wouldn't be back to help that afternoon because he had to go to a funeral. I expressed my condolences. The guy said that he had a pet cemetary just up the road (closer to the city limits) and that the funeral was for a horse.

I asked if he dug the grave with a backhoe. Guy stated that he dug every grave by hand.

Last time I was past the place it was still a pet cemetary and he was still in business.

It was just a thought - I really didn't think you would go for it.

Rabbit hunting. Used to walk beside the corn picker. You could fill a freezer in a couple of hours.

Eugene

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:01 pm

Sorry Eugene. I thought you were just joking around when you recommended pet cemetery.

I know they serve a purpose and they probably make some pretty good money for their owners but I think it might creep me out. Reminds me of a Stephen King movie.

pgmrdan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pgmrdan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:45 pm

Now you've got to remember that I grew up in the suburbs of a fairly large city. I spent a lot of time at my grandparents homes out in the country in central Missouri but they weren't really farmers.

Anyway, I saw lots of these strange looking plant in one of my hay fields. I had no idea what it was but I suspected I had a problem with weeds. I picked some of it over the weekend and showed it to some good ole farm boys and girls at work this week for identification. It's alfalfa!!! Lots of it.

I've got one good field of grass, clover, and alfalfa and another good field of grass and clover.

Maybe it's not a big deal but it sounds pretty good to me. This place is sounding better all the time.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”