This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Boston Ivy

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Bill
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Boston Ivy

Postby Bill » Wed May 07, 2014 8:28 pm

We had record cold temps for extended times this last winter. Most of my boston ivy appears dead. It has been growing and multiplying for over twenty years. Has anybody else had this happen. We live in northern Ohio, and get winds off of Lake Erie.
Bill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Boston Ivy

Postby SONNY » Tue May 13, 2014 2:23 pm

The ivy here on the north side is dead looking and so is my sage,--- so I think its all winter-killed!---4 of our big climbing roses are mostly dead too! thanks; sonny

Bill
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby Bill » Tue May 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Just wondered if this happen to any body else, we did nothing to cause this. After twenty years I though it would last forever.
Bill

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue May 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Bill,

Yes, there is a lot of winter kill on Boston Ivy and many other cultivars, as well. We don't have any Boston Ivy, but we have four other plants winter kill. Lowest temperature was -13. We also had a stretch of ~5 days that it never got above 0. We are about 1.5 miles off the shore of Lake Erie.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Tue May 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Its nothing that you did or did not do!---A vary harsh winter this time and it has affected a lot of trees and plants!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”