English Peas

Tue May 13, 2014 6:44 am

Are looking good! Last year was a flop. Tried the early Alaska this year. Very pleased

Re: English Peas

Tue May 13, 2014 7:19 am

Mine are an inch tall!
Ed

Tue May 13, 2014 7:19 am

Your peas appear to be ready to harvest. Central Missouri, my peas are only about a foot tall and just starting to bloom.

I'm using tomato cages for the first time to support the peas. I planted peas around each of the tomato cages. Well see how well it works out.

So far this gardening season it's been a bust. Thinking most of the seed has rotted. It's been alternating between cold and wet, very hot and wet, and starting last night cool and wet for the next week.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:53 am

Yep, Eugene, you are right. Took the pic as I was picking. Next year I will have to give them some support. A lot of them are laid over. Instructions say support or not so I didn't this year. Will probably plant more next year
I actually got lucky this year on planting what with all the bad weather. When I planted, we had a period of couple weeks with no rain, so I took advantage. If I hadn't planted then, I wouldn't have got any in the ground. Then I thought cold was going to get them, but they came through fine

Tue May 13, 2014 9:24 am

Looks good Thomas.

Tue May 13, 2014 11:54 am

Your peas look great, ---MINE are still in the sack! LOL!!! ---maybe get them planted this year! thanks; sonny