10 days later

Thu May 15, 2014 10:35 am

What a difference 10 days makes. We have only gotten 9/10ths of an inch of rain during the last week. My corn in growing 6 inches per day. I plowed my peas and side dressed the zippers with a little 10-10-10 on Tuesday.

Will be plowing up the potatoes this weekend. Will have fresh corn in 2 weeks.

Hopefully conditions are improving for everyone else.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 10 days later

Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am

My garden looks a lot like the top photo, except my garden lacks green things in a row.

Mild frost last night.

Fri May 16, 2014 8:19 am

I figure my garden is in trouble, everything was up and growing good, and we got a frost last night. Latest I have ever known it to frost in this area. Won't know it's condition till later today or tomorrow.

Fri May 16, 2014 8:31 am

Forecast for tonight is in the mid 30's. Meaning, probably another frost tonight.

The way the weather has been conducting itself this spring, I still have the snow shovel and ice melt on the front porch, just in case.

Fri May 16, 2014 9:00 am

We too have had cooler than normal temps. We had frost 4 weeks ago which was very very unusual for this far south. Hopefully things will get back to normal shortly. This makes 2 springs in a row with way cooler temps for us.

Fri May 16, 2014 7:44 pm

need a little sidedressing ?

Sat May 17, 2014 6:50 pm

My first corn is just germinating!
Ed

Sat May 17, 2014 8:08 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:My first corn is just germinating!
Ed

Ed , try the American kind and maybe the Germans want be a aeating it :D

Sun May 18, 2014 12:30 am

i'm jealous of your long season! we haven't planted our corn yet, hopefully this week. I was up to my elbows in mud putting up a new high tunnel greenhouse this week for the tomatoes.

Sun May 18, 2014 6:22 am

The only thing growing in this weather is lawn and weeds. Onions are in radishes up. Potatoes should be in. Farmers have been drilling for about 10 days but nothing up yet. Soil is cold. Been dry with flood warnings out 60 miles north but we now have rain and should be able to plant garden in a day or so. Spring is so late I'm not even going to bother with tunnel this spring. Asparagus 3 weeks late and I do not intend to pick beyond May 30. Not much profit this year. Next year will be the last I pick for sale, I'm getting too old to reach the ground. Vern

Sun May 18, 2014 6:30 am

Lookin good, Tim :-)

Wed May 21, 2014 2:13 pm

Just planted here in KY May 12th. No rain and temps in the 50's last week (blackberry winter) nothing poking out of the ground yet. Planted my tomato and pepper plants yesterday. May 15th is generally our safe planting date here.

Wed May 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Looks good Tim! LOL!! thanks; sonny