Frito Lay's Phone Number???

Thu May 29, 2014 8:01 pm

:lol: :lol:

The "new ground" potatoes made about a 5 gallon bucket every 8 to 10 feet. My rows are 300 feet long and the 100 feet near the road was pasture last year. I added it and extended my sprinklers over the winter. The other 200 feet did not produce as well.

Times must be hard around here. I actually had 3 different folks stop and ask to buy some potatoes today. I told them I would give them a mess if they would pick them up and all 3 did. Usually....well at least 90 percent of the time,if I offer to give some something away the next question is "is it picked?" :roll:

Boss, I will trade you some taters for a cabbage. :D

I am going to try your cabbage and tater recipe.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Frito Lay's Phone Number???

Thu May 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Nice ! You da farmer man! :{_}:

Thu May 29, 2014 8:24 pm

real good with those new red taters Tim

Thu May 29, 2014 8:26 pm

man if my soil looked that good I could plant sawdust and grow 2x4s :D

Thu May 29, 2014 8:27 pm

:-:-): :-:-): :lol: :lol:

Thu May 29, 2014 8:29 pm

That doesn't look like any Georgia soil I've ever seen!

Thu May 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Boss look close in the soil....you see what looks to be mulch? It ain't. It is nut grass. I am an expert nut grass producer. Does nut grass grow in Virginia?

Thu May 29, 2014 8:32 pm

Don,That soil was not burnt during the march to the see :D

Thu May 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Tezell wrote:Boss look close in the soil....you see what looks to be mulch? It ain't. It is nut grass. I am an expert nut grass producer. Does nut grass grow in Virginia?

At any rate, that is a lot of taters ps dont tell the recipe :wink:

Thu May 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Don McCombs wrote:That doesn't look like any Georgia soil I've ever seen!

That soil is the reason that Tim's neighborhood grows center pivots and large machinery as thick as Tim's taters.

Bill

Thu May 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Makes me hungry for new potatoes and creamed peas.

Fri May 30, 2014 8:01 am

Nice job Tim! You certainly put a lot of effort in your garden.....great results. :coffee:

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:58 pm

Mighty fine looking garden…. :thumbsup:…….Dave

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Today 3rd time in 6 or 7 weeks, planted, actually mudded in, potato pieces that sprouted in kitchen vegetable bin. Reason for 3rd time planting potato eyes, very few of previous plantings even grew. Guessing previous eyes rotted. Been wet and still wet.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:24 pm

Mr Eugene,

Put lime on your potato eyes before you plant them.

I put mine in a bucket and pour the lime over them and shake them until they are completely covered. When I dung my potatoes last week there were still some of the pieces of seed potatoes in the ground from February that had not rotted. We have gotten 20 plus inches of rain during the time the potatoes were growing and they were in mud for days at the time.

It works for me.