This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gardening

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog
Circle of Safety: Y

Gardening

Postby pickerandsinger » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Aint nothing like going out in the garden and picking corn, cucumbers and tomatoes sliced, peppers and squash fried, green beans, and Salmon on the grill….Garden is doing great….Great time of the year….The wife did up, Strawberry Jam, Pickled Peppers, Pickles, Canned Green beans, froze green beans…Canned carrots,and Dilly Beans….Unfotrunately due to the rain the Squash garden got Mildew but the Winter squash are mostly of the appropriate size so I'm hoping they will ripen and be OK….The zucs have pretty much stopped and the yellers are slowing down big time….Tomatoes are doing fine still although some around have complained of blight…I only have one row of 20 so I've been keeping them sprayed with organic spray so we shall see…..Hope everyone else has had a great year….Dave…. :D
In Memory of 58,286

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Re: Gardening

Postby tmays » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Well I thought mine was doing fine till I read this. I can't get my garden to slice the tomatoes, fry the peppers and squash, and I dang sho can't get it to grow Salmon!! I need to come learn a thang or two from you :-) :-) :-)
Thomas

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:23 am

Sounds about right. I think today is sweet and sour red cabbage day, sweet pickles last heat before canning and jam of some kind, raspberry I think she said. Tomatoes ok but not doing real good. Give me your address and I'll ship you a few tons of Zuc. :lol: There should be a law about no more than one plant of that stuff per block!!!!!!!! :D Vern

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Cub parts tractor
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower

Postby pickerandsinger » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:20 am

tmays wrote:Well I thought mine was doing fine till I read this. I can't get my garden to slice the tomatoes, fry the peppers and squash, and I dang sho can't get it to grow Salmon!! I need to come learn a thang or two from you :-) :-) :-)
……Need a recipe for your Dandelion wine…. :lol: …..I could " harvest " the Salmon, but I've sold me fishing boat….I used to fish the lake here ( Ontario ) every weekend for 25 years…Then I moved here and sold the boat... :headbang .Edit…..Every weekend I could in the spring and summer…. :lol:
In Memory of 58,286

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Cub parts tractor
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower

Postby pickerandsinger » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:42 am

v w wrote:Sounds about right. I think today is sweet and sour red cabbage day, sweet pickles last heat before canning and jam of some kind, raspberry I think she said. Tomatoes ok but not doing real good. Give me your address and I'll ship you a few tons of Zuc. :lol: There should be a law about no more than one plant of that stuff per block!!!!!!!! :D Vern
…..Yep that would be helpful….The wife just bought a doo-dad that makes a pasta like looking product out of a " zuc "…( a vegetti )…And she wants to use that instead of a peeler for "healthy pasta "….I had about 6 zuc plants and now have to go buy some….But I think there plentiful at least :lol: …I have some yellers still growing and some spaghetti squash laying on the straw waiting to ripen so I may be able to avoid it... :lol: .I planted some defiant tomato's along with others and have been spraying with Bonide Copper Fungicide, which was recommended to deter late blight…So far it seems to be working….Its used by organic farmers….I lost 60 plants to late blight last year….All 5 foot and healthy one day and then kerput….Dave
In Memory of 58,286

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe

Postby Jack » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:25 am

pickerandsinger wrote:Aint nothing like going out in the garden and picking corn, cucumbers and tomatoes sliced, peppers and squash fried, green beans, and Salmon on the grill….Garden is doing great….Great time of the year….The wife did up, Strawberry Jam, Pickled Peppers, Pickles, Canned Green beans, froze green beans…Canned carrots,and Dilly Beans….Unfotrunately due to the rain the Squash garden got Mildew but the Winter squash are mostly of the appropriate size so I'm hoping they will ripen and be OK….The zucs have pretty much stopped and the yellers are slowing down big time….Tomatoes are doing fine still although some around have complained of blight…I only have one row of 20 so I've been keeping them sprayed with organic spray so we shall see…..Hope everyone else has had a great year….Dave…. :D

our garden was terrible this year, we relocated over the past winter and I had to establish a new garden. well the drainage is bad here, (clay) and all the rain we had this year, the garden did not produce. I pulled tomatoes out of the ground this weekend and there were very little root on them. beans were bad, no butternut squash , a few cucs no peppers no eggplant, a few zucchini, to round it up, we did not get much of anything from our garden. I will be installing raised beds this fall and fill them with good composted soil, hoping to have a good season next year.
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”