This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

peach tree pest

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe
Circle of Safety: Y

peach tree pest

Postby Jack » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:27 pm

I was out looking at my fruit trees yesterday and noticed that at the base of my peach tree, there were a few holes and some bark gone. so after some research I found out I had a peach tree borer in the tree. so I ordered some Bonide borer-miner killer, the bad thing is there is a good chance I will loose the tree, and this was the year I was excepting fruit from my trees, they are all young trees. I have always used a fruit trees spray every other week as recommended throughout the season and a dormant oil in the spring, on all my fruit trees. and go figure I still got that nasty pest in my peach tree. :headbang
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: peach tree pest

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:06 pm

The emerald ash borer is now making its way into Colorado. All the county extension agencies are advising people to start planting other varieties to replace their ash trees when they eventually become infested and have to be removed. :( Sorry to hear about your peach trees.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:58 am

Son's neighbor has one Iowa-Indian white cling free peach tree, Tree is on decline. Currently thinking if the tree fruits again this year, to harvest a number of seeds and plant into groves on son's property.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
2018 JD loader/ backhoe

Postby Jack » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:41 am

I read that this bug will go after fruit trees that have the stone inside, such as - peach, cherry, plum ext. and I have all of them. I surely hope I can get that bug before it gets to all of my trees, well my apples should be safe from it. this is the forth season for all my trees, and I figured this was the year for fruit.
the ash borer can really do some damage too! it is something how we benefit from some bugs and others destroy everything we have.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:47 am

I have all ages/sizes of fruit trees,---some this will be year 1 for fruit , ---IF the late frosts don't kill the blossoms like it did last year! thanks; sonny

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
2018 JD loader/ backhoe

Postby Jack » Wed May 06, 2015 6:46 am

the Bonide borer miner spray came last week, I sprayed my peach trees, they are starting to bud out. so I guess they are still hanging in there, no flower buds yet, time will tell if I got the pest problem solved. I sure hope so I cant wait to bite into a juicy peach.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”