This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

too cold

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

too cold

Postby SONNY » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:24 pm

its gotten too cold and the high winter winds have set in now on a 24 hour base here now to do much outside, so I am sorta confined to the house for the winter!--didn't get nearly close to being done outside!---ol'e spine and hips/legs just lock up in the cold making it extremely hard to get around! thanks; sonny

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: too cold

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:43 pm

I once heard "If I had known I would live this long I would have taken better care of my self".
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:43 pm

Yesterday afternoon and today afternoon, pretty nice for December, temps in the low 50s. For the previous 5 or so days, the day time high temperature was just above freezing, windy, and either rain or mist all day long. Flat out miserable to go outside.

This afternoon, shuffled machinery around in the shop in preparation for some decent winter day projects. If the winter day time temperatures are 45 degrees or above, sun shining, the shop is a decent place to work. As long as I can keep my feet warm and dry, I'm ok.

Have two sump pump pits to cut out and dig in the basement this winter during nasty cold weather. Other than the cold my back is my major limitation. 80 lb sacks of concrete are no longer possible.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Just came in from the shop about half hour ago. Once the temps out there dropped to 30 I decided to give in and head for the house. I need to heat that building.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:20 pm

I could have a little heat in the shop, -- BUT K-1 is $4.99.9 again this year and that makes my heating out there not something I can do for day after day shop work! --the heat is being saved to heat up the snow blower and melt the snow off after I use it!---( did I mention that I hate winter???? LOL!) thanks; sonny

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:15 pm

The low sulfur diesel burns just as clean as K1.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:57 am

John!!--do you mean the bio-diesel???-----That is supposed to be low Sulphur ,I think!---that's all I can get around here to run in my truck! thanks; sonny

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:01 pm

not bio diesel the low sulfur truck fuel available at any station. Never tried it in a wick heater, but tsome of the guys have and say it works good, but may have to change wick a little more often if used a lot. In the old torpedo I used to have it seemed to possibly burn a little cleaner than K1, but never checked it in side by side comparison, it was a case of switching from one to the other. Didn't require any pressure adjustments.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SONNY » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:51 pm

The only low Sulphur available here is the bio-stuff!---cant get real diesel here anymore, thanks to the BEAN FARMERS!---don't know why I gotta support their crops,---THEY don't support my garden crops! thanks; sonny

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:26 pm

SONNY wrote:The only low Sulphur available here is the bio-stuff!---cant get real diesel here anymore, thanks to the BEAN FARMERS!---don't know why I gotta support their crops,---THEY don't support my garden crops! thanks; sonny
You are having to support their crops for the same reason we have to pay an energy efficiency surcharge (to help Ameren recoup the money customers save by making homes more efficient). to Ameren UE on every bill. Because the people who want it had enough money and clout to get it pushed through the state legislature.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”