This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Squash

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
tnestell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48609
Circle of Safety: Y

Squash

Postby tnestell » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:14 pm

My wife and I really enjoy Sweet Dumpling squash. Image I through the seeds along with potato peelings and scraps in the garden during the winter. Mid summer a wild squash plant came up. On this plant, one vine had these two squash.Image

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Squash

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:24 pm

I have a small, about 80 sq ft garden patch behind the house. I take vegetable scraps and bury in the patch.

This year had volunteer acorn squash. Thinking we had 6 or 8 squash. Probably had volunteer melons and tomatoes, but hoed them out.

Wife and I love acorn squash. Wife bakes the squash with butter and brown sugar, scrapes the flesh out of the rind. Then adds marshmallows to the flesh and mixes.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”