This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

No Rain

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: No Rain

Postby Eugene » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm

v w wrote:Not only dry but unseasonably warm.
Yup. Didn't think the above average temperature would last as long as they did. Didn't turn on the A/C, expecting the high temps to only last a day or two. Thinking temps in the lower 70's at night, no problem sleeping. Big mistake.

Currently 77 degrees. Typing this in my shorts with fan in the window. Expected low tonight, 69 degrees, no rain in the forecast until Wednesday

Frugal should be my middle name. To cheap to turn on the A/C. I'm currently 73 years of age, didn't have A/C for 53 plus of those years. Will probably survive another night, or two, or three, without A/C.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:22 pm

About 2 inches of rain in the last 8 days. Rain has been the slow soak in type needed. Currently drizzling.

Radishes in the garden have perked up. Garlic planted almost 2 moths ago has sprouted.

Normal first frost is any time between mid and end of October. Hopefully it will hold off for another 3 or 4 weeks.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:29 pm

It has been so long here I have forgotten what rain looks like. local farmers have been feeding hay from 1 to 2 months depending on area.
rain 2017.xls
(27 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:40 am

We've had rain off and on for about a week. Picked up over an inch last night. We are now right at average first frost date. I'm ready. Not much left in garden and time to clean up, till and shut down for winter. Vern

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:51 am

Finally getting the rain here. Got an inch day before yesterday and raining now.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”