This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Proud new owner of a IH cub 184, you missed one Rowlf!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:23 pm

John, I wouldn't burden you with this old rust bucket. It would be more trouble than it's worth. You know getting it home wasn't that easy. When I went to pick it up, it was parked on a hill with the mower deck buried in the dirt. I didn't realize that at first, so I backed the trailer down the hill to the tractor thinking I would hook a chain and pull it up to the road. Well, my tires broke traction and after that, I couldn't even pull the trailer up the hill. :oops: The seller called around trying to find a tractor with no luck. While waiting for help I jacked up the tractor and removed the deck. The seller had a Cub and we used it to pull the tractor up the hill. By that time it was getting dark and I returned home without the tractor and trailer. By the following afternoon the PO had a tractor pull my trailer out. So I headed back south for my tractor, winching it on the trailer. The problems I had were totally my fault. Sometimes I expect too much out of my 4 wheel drive. Although I wasted gas by making 2 trips, I really enjoy visiting the gently rolling hills of KY. And the plain just good people. Does anybody remember the John Prine song "Paradise" about Muhlenberg county? I could sing a few verses If you like. Larry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”