154 Front Transmission Mount

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ThomasWManson
Zip Code: 61102

154 Front Transmission Mount

Postby ThomasWManson » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:15 am

So I discovered that the front 2 transmission mount bolts are broken. I got one out, the other is still stuck in the transmission. There is a gap of a couple inches between the transmission and that cross member where the bolts install. What goes in this gap? I looked for parts breakdown drawings and have not found anything yet.

I have new Rear Pressure Plate Flywheel coming from HamiltoBob early next week, looking forward to getting the little beast moving again.

ThomasWManson
Zip Code: 61102

Re: 154 Front Transmission Mount

Postby ThomasWManson » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:10 pm

I got my new Rear Pressure Plate Flywheel from HamiltonBob's and it is an absolute beautiful thing!! I have installed it and now when I try and insert the driveshaft in it the driveshaft hangs up on the way in, I am pretty sure it is because the trans is not centered in the frame. I loosened the two trans/frame bolts on the 'passenger' side top of the frame and tried to pry the trans to the left with no luck. Not sure how many other bolts need to be loosened. I would like to get that front trans mount lined up if someone could tell me what goes in there?????

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:44 am

Start with all the bolts loose for the pressure plate. Some people use a dowel for an alignment stick or an alignment tool.
Get the driveshaft inserted and aligned, then tighten down the pressure plate bolts.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:38 pm

ThomasWManson wrote:I am pretty sure it is because the trans is not centered in the frame. I loosened the two trans/frame bolts on the 'passenger' side top of the frame and tried to pry the trans to the left with no luck.
As I read this, the transmission/differential is not in line with the frame.

Not seeing this first hand, I would loosen all bolts holding the tranny/diff to the frame. Guessing again, portapower to line up the diff/tranny to the frame. May need a vertical adjustment - hydraulic jack.
I have an excuse. CRS.