154 carb

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Randomcubguy
Zip Code: 44667

154 carb

Postby Randomcubguy » Tue May 19, 2020 5:32 pm

So I just rebuilt the carb on my 154. Originally, it would only run full choke. Now that it is rebuilt and back on, It still runs the same.now I’m getting fuel spitting out the main gasket. I’ve heard the carb bodies are known for warping. Trying to figure out if this was the original problem and I need a new carb or if there is a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 154 carb

Postby Bob McCarty » Tue May 19, 2020 6:18 pm

If it's an IH carb, the tops commonly warp, but can be flattened. If it's a Zenith, they rarely warp. Did you use a cork gasket? Also, did you check the screens in the gas inlet and the sediment bowl to make sure they weren't clogged?
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Randomcubguy
Zip Code: 44667

Postby Randomcubguy » Wed May 20, 2020 4:39 am

Bob McCarty wrote:If it's an IH carb, the tops commonly warp, but can be flattened. If it's a Zenith, they rarely warp. Did you use a cork gasket? Also, did you check the screens in the gas inlet and the sediment bowl to make sure they weren't clogged?

It’s an ih carb. All screens were replaced. I am going to take off today and check it for warpage. Thanks

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Wed May 20, 2020 10:59 am

If it is warped, I have the jig to flatten it out. You can either send it to me or make a 90 minute trip from "Jelly City" for a carb MicroFest. Or if you want to wait, I'm often in/near Orrville to visit my wife's family and a short MicroFest would be a welcome addition to the trip.

Bill
"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6