154 cub loboy lacking power

IH CUB LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your LoBoy related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

154 cub loboy lacking power

Postby BigBill » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:21 pm

I just purchased my 154 a while back and having no time to play or tune it up yet i had to cut the grass today. With the 3260 60" mower deck i noticed it lacks power. Is this the norm? Let me say my mower deck needs bearings so can that suck up the power that much?

Do I need to look for a farmall super A? My grass was high like hay 8" in some spots so would a brush hog be better on the 154? What do you think?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.
BigBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Postby Eugene » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:20 pm

My neighbor has a 154. tired engine, with 5 foot belly mower. It does a real nice job mowing the lawn. For bigger stuff both he and I have larger tractors and brush mowers.

I have a standard Cub, with fresh engine, Mott flair mower. If I let the grass get to tall it bogs down the Cub. I take smaller cuts or elevate the mower. Also, some types of grass cut harder than others.

Suggest a complete Cub tune up, sharpen the blades, check the spindles and idlers and set up the mower.

The 154 should do an excellent job.

Eugene
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Return to LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185