This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front Tires for my 154 cub loboy?? mower parts? Restoring?

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Front Tires for my 154 cub loboy?? mower parts? Restoring?

Postby BigBill » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Where do you get new front tires for your cub? I believe my tire size is 400-12 and ribbed. I'd like to put the same tire or close to whats on it now. Do you mailorder your tires? Mine are kind of getting bald and need to be replaced over the winter. I did notice a few tubeless plugs in one tire so i guess the previous owner had flats. I guess there tubeless and are they hard to change with tire irons?

Ok my 3260 60" mower deck needs new bearings in the spindles so is there a rebuild kit with bearings and seals thats available or do we piece meal a bearing and seal order?

I'm going to change out the clutch and throwout bearing too. Where do you order these parts from? I need the two PTO drive belts too while its apart its a good time to change them too.

While i was mowing lastweek for about 4 hours i did notice a little blowby out of the breather cap. While it wasn't exactly wet oil comming out and i don't have any blue smoke at all i figure its the norm.

I have a restoration project on my 154 soon and i'd like to get some of it planned out now before I disassemble it. My metal is straight and clean and just needs paint and she should look and run like new again. I want to keep it 100% orginal international 154 cub loboy(looking).
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:08 pm

Bill:

Tucker Tire on eBay and Miller Tire. You will probably find Tucker to be a better deal and the feedback from customers is pretty good..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:15 pm

BigBill. Where are you from?

I live in a rural area with many local suppliers of agricultural parts. I'm basing my answers on what I would do.

Front tires. I purchased mine from the local tire shop. The 12 inch tires are a bear to do by hand. Recommend having the tire shop install the new fronts.

Mower deck bearings and seals. I would remove the bearings and seals and take them to my local auto parts store.

PTO belts. Autoparts store or farm/ranch store.

Clutch and throwout bearing. Try the advertisers on this web site. They are also available through Case/IH and many aftermarket suppliers.

Blue smoke. There is a tube running from the air cleaner to the front of the engine. This is an early type PVC control. The tube frequently becomes plugged. Where the tube enters the front of the engine is an orifice. This needs to be cleaned. This may solve the problem - or perhaps not fully solve the problem.

Blowby - My opinion. If this were a work tractor and not using any or very much oil - running fine. I'd let it go.

Eugene

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:00 pm

I'm from CT.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”