This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 having problems

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:20 am

DuxburyFarmall wrote:Into Tractors
are saying the engine is "Turning Over" slowly, or it takes a while for it to start?

I would have to say both. once it starts I have to wait until it warms up and the RPMS ramp up before I start mowing the lawn with it.

Engine cranking slowly: Clean up all of the connections between the battery and the starter. And the starter to bell housing. Might be that the starter needs to be rebuilt. Also do a voltage drop test on the battery.

Slow starting: Complete tune up as the other have suggested. This is usually an ignition problem.

There are a couple of other things. Check for a vacuum leak at the carburator to manifold and manifold to engine block. This would cause a lack of power until warmed up.

Pretty far down the list is to check for a sticking or worn mechanical advance in the distributor.

Eugene
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:02 pm

Thanks everybody I will start working on the issue a little bit at a time starting with cleaning up electrical connections again.

I might be able to make a fest in the fall but it always seems at the last minute something comes up that I can't make it. I tried to get to Ed and Scotty's fest earlier this year but had to go see the grandmother in Pa last minute.

As always I am open to suggestions for attempting to find a short term solution until I cando a full rebuild.

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:22 pm

Chad,

That's the thing... You do NOT necessarily have to do a full rebuild. Do NOT resign yourself to spending thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours just yet. Try the usual fixes first.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”