IH RT-15 tiller question

Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:20 am

I have several questions here about the RT-15, rototiller for the numbered loboys, mostly because I've never seen one, even in a picture, as far as I know.

Are they 3-point?

Otherwise, would it work with a standard FCub?

Also, the hi/low transmission for the numbered loboys, does is work with the FCub?

Is the value of the hi/low and RT-15 tiller comparable to the value of their Howard counterparts?

Does anyone on here have a tiller setup on a numbered loboy that could post pics for me?

How wide is that RT-15 tiller anyway?

Sorry for the multiple questions, but I would like to till with a Cub and the recent prices of the Howard stuff (speed reducer) seems to be out of my price range. :cry: :roll: I thought maybe I'd go another direction.
Got a line on a 184 I'm thinking of checking into. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!!

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:06 pm

I think I can hit on most of your questions.

Yes, the tiller was standard Cat 1 3-point hitch setup. Otherwise it could work on a cub.

The creeper drive (high/low) gear box on a numbered lo-boy will not work on the standard cub. The creeper drive is mounted in front of the rear differential on the numbered lo-boys, and since the rear differential in a numbered lo-boy is mounted to a frame, rather than using a torque tube like a standard cub, the numbered lo-boys have room for things to bolt on and work. The torque tube prevents you from just bolting on a creeper drive to a standard cub, which is why the Howard Speed Reducers were invented, to bolt in the drive axle.

I'll skip a few, and go to the dimensions. I belive that the tiller was 48" wide.

Photo. I do not have a close-up, but here are a couple:

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/ihcubloboyseries/photos/view/1b3b?b=3
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/ihcubloboyseries/photos/view/f00b?b=6

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:52 pm

The tiller is in the TC-131 manual on the manual server so you can see the parts diagrams and picture on a tractor. No specifications or product description, though.

Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:58 pm

Ah ha!! I see its on our handy .pdf CD as well! 8)

Thanks for the info gitractorman and the heads-up Bob!!

Always open to any other thoughts or experiences with this setup.