Cub 154 - IH 54 Blade bushings

IH CUB LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your LoBoy related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Cub 154 - IH 54 Blade bushings

Postby HolbrookBill » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Everyone,

I bought a blade for my 154 a while ago and it's been working great for me even though all I did was throw it on the tractor and start using it.

When I bought the blade, no bushings were included even though the TC-131 Parts Catalog shows a bunch of them. I would love to install them while I also assemble the correct set of bolts, etc. for the plow, but I haven't had any luck finding them.

Does anyone know where I can find these bushings, or what they might even be made of. Would these be something I could fabricate?

Thanks!
Bill
HolbrookBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:36 pm

The only bushings I know of are on various pins or bolts in the lift linkage -- maybe 10 or a dozen of them. They are probably all still available but you may save some money making your own. They are made of steel. Just check the sizes of the pins/bolts and the holes they fit in and size them accordingly. I think they are all 1/2 inch ID. You may want to oversize the OD to make up for wear. The lengths are probably just a bit more than the thickness of the part they go into, so the bolt can be tightened and the parts will still be free to pivot.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 75048
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby HolbrookBill » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Jim,

That's pretty much EXACTLY the information I was looking for!

Thanks a ton!

Bill
HolbrookBill
5+ Years
5+ Years

Return to LoBoy Series - 154, 184, 185