154 throttle

Sat May 10, 2008 9:48 pm

On my 154 the throttle will not remain where I set it. Anything over 1/4 to 1/2 throttle
and it will move back on it's own when I let go of the lever.
What is the fix for this, I saw posted somewhere that this was a commone problem.

Re: 154 throttle

Mon May 12, 2008 4:08 am

If you look through the slit the lever sticks up through, you'll see a nut on the side of the lever pivot. Just snug that nut a little, till you get the tension you need.

Mon May 12, 2008 8:29 am

I have a owner's manual for a 154 Lo-boy if you want it. $10 shipped to you.
Best,
Mike

Mon May 12, 2008 9:58 am

Using a 1/4" Dr ratchet with a 7/16" shallow socket and a 7/16" open end wrench you can tighten it. You use the socket wrench from the bottom and the wrench from the top slot.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:12 pm

just in case its like my 69 154 it dosent have a bolt and nut thru the lever , the local dealer said to take it out and gently tap the rivit on a anvil with a ball pin hammer lightly to snug it up, but since i truck 6 days a week i havent done that trick yet and just used a small bungie cord to hold the lever up :( . but lst year i did get the main drive line repaired from engine to tranny, and that was a chore for me.. the engine collet to shaft was wallowed out at the bolt and nut part and i took all that little noise i could stand. so ove time "got er done"

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:43 am

When my throttle lever became loose i put my folded up leather work glove to work in the slot. I pushed up the throttle and stuffed the glove in the slot to make it hold until i tightened up the level. Sometimes we need to do a "manual data input" to get the job done.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:40 am

i bought a brand new throttle cable assembely and installed it to find out it was too loose also , the new ones have a phillips head on one side instead of hex , so in that case you will need a right angle screw driver .