This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

need help to identify year

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
vanceboroguy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28586
Tractors Owned: 51 F CUb

need help to identify year

Postby vanceboroguy » Sat May 31, 2008 5:57 pm

My friend has a lowboy with serial number plate missing.His lowboy looks similar to my 51 cub . The motor and trans. and finals look similar to my cub.His hood is square nosed. The tractor is yellow and white and looks original. On the left of motor is a small rectangular area maybe 1/2 by 2 inches with M-26096 ingraved or stamped. The casting number on left of motor is 251341 and down al ittle is R8. On trans tube on right side is L3 .These are the only numbers we could find. I know there are more. but we probably didn't know where to look. He needs many parts and it would be helpful if we knew the year it was made.If anyone could help we would really be thankful. Is this a 184 lowboy? Thanks, Randy Bryan (vanceboroguy)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: need help to identify year

Postby Jim Becker » Sat May 31, 2008 7:02 pm

Take a look at the Cub FAQ to see the differences between the various versions of Cubs.
http://www.antique-tractor.com/CubFAQ/cub_faq.html#q13
I think you missed one digit of the engine number. It is probably M26096x. Assuming it is an offset Lo-Boy and the engine is original to the tractor, it would have to be one of the last of the offset LoBoys. That would be from about '67 or '68. There should be some date codes that would help narrow down when it was built. For most needed parts, the serial number or exact age aren't critical.

Look at the casting date section on the Tm Tractor Parts web site on this page:
http://www.tmtractor.com/id/id_001.htm

This question is one of the places where Trent's database will be helpful.

vanceboroguy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby vanceboroguy » Sat May 31, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks Jim. It looks like the little short one pictured as 63 thru 68. Is this considered a 184 lowboy or just a cub lowboy. Is this tractors engine and trans the same as my 51 F-Cub. Thanks RB

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 31, 2008 7:52 pm

on the numbered cubs the operator sits in the middle. On standard cub and lowboy it is offset.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

vanceboroguy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby vanceboroguy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks John. It looks like it is a standard lowboy then. Is this lowboy a 6 volt positive ground system like my F-Cub? Looks lke generator on my F-Cub. Thanks, RB

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat May 31, 2008 8:33 pm

vanceboroguy wrote:Thanks Jim. It looks like the little short one pictured as 63 thru 68. Is this considered a 184 lowboy or just a cub lowboy. Is this tractors engine and trans the same as my 51 F-Cub. Thanks RB

Scroll on down to the bottom of the FAQ page. The last 3 pictures are numbered Lo-Boys. The bottom one is a 184.

vanceboroguy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby vanceboroguy » Sat May 31, 2008 11:56 pm

I think I got it now.There are the numbered lowboys and the one like my friend's . I've got a lot to learn. Am I correct in assuming that when I have a question about my friend"s lowboy , I ask it in the cub forum not numbered lowboy discussion forum since his lowboy is just a lowered version of an F-Cub. Thanks for all the help,RB

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:13 am

Yes, you are correct. The "Farmall Cub" forum would be the place to ask questions about yours and your friends tractor.
vanceboroguy wrote:Is this tractors engine and trans the same as my 51 F-Cub. Thanks RB

Being that this is a regular lowboy, the engine and transmission are the same.
vanceboroguy wrote:On the left of motor is a small rectangular area maybe 1/2 by 2 inches with M-26096 ingraved or stamped.

If you take another look at the left side of the tractor, might have to clean off oil and dirt, the M-26096 should turn into FCUBM 26096#. Find the cast date codes off the various parts to give you a general idea of when the tractor was made.
Jim Becker wrote:For most needed parts, the serial number or exact age aren't critical.
Look at the casting date section on the Tm Tractor Parts web site on this page:
http://www.tmtractor.com/id/id_001.htm
This question is one of the places where Trent's database will be helpful.

I agree with Mr. Becker, while you are scouring over the tractor, write down all the casting numbers and send'em over to Trent (TrentM) here on the forum. He's gathering up information on the cubs just for this kind of issue. Best of luck.
Hope this helps.

vanceboroguy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby vanceboroguy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:31 am

Thanks for all the information. I'll try to get all casting numbers and send them. RB

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:57 am

All the info you can get is welcome. Send it on over! :D

As you can see, its been a late night. Yep, you guessed it! I've been working on the database!!
Trent McPeak

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”