This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

3 point capacity

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

3 point capacity

Postby Garland Terry » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:21 pm

anybody know how much a 154 3 point will pick up. I would like to buy a small disc but I am afraid of the one that ATWOODS has on hand. It is a King Kutter brand and weighs up at around 540 lbs It sports 20 16 inch blades and measures 6.5 feet. It looks too big to me. Any Ideas GT :idea:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 3 point capacity

Postby brian kov » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:48 pm

GT , it sounds just a bit big , you probably need some where around 5 ft., i am pretty sure mine for the fast hitch is about 5 ft .
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Well It was so much cheaper to buy the 6.5 footer from ATWOODS than anything else I could find. John deere had a nice 5.5 footer that weighed up at 440 pounds but the darn thing was 1200 bucks. So I bought the bigger cheaper one and the old girl picked it right up!! Pulls fine. But I think that it would pull better if it was a drawn implement. I think I will put some wheels on it.

brian kov
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby brian kov » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:21 am

thats great i am glad to hear it would lift it alright . you could always make some front weights then you wouldnt be pulling the front end up . i know when ever i have the fasthitch disk on if i dont have weights on the front wheels i do a wheelie comin up from the garden . :lol:
1955 intrnational lo-boy w/ fasthitch, 1960 farmall cub w/fathitch .fasthitch moleboard ,disk,carryall rotovator,54a blade,I.H. 1ooo loader , Syms all wheather cab. PROUD MEMBER OF THE 500 CLUB LO-BOY THAT IS . 1972 154 lo boy

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:10 pm

brian kov wrote:thats great i am glad to hear it would lift it alright . you could always make some front weights then you wouldnt be pulling the front end up . i know when ever i have the fasthitch disk on if i dont have weights on the front wheels i do a wheelie comin up from the garden . :lol:

Yeah but think of the front tire wear your saving. I actually have a 40 pound AC front weight on it now and it does help. Thanks GT

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby SundaySailor » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Too bad you don't have a Leinbach's such as the one in Winston-Salem, N.C. I bought a 12 disc cultivator - 3 X 2 rows in front and 3 X 2 rows in rear for $365.00 that weighs 341 lbs - brand new. It does a fine job behind my Farmall Cub. In fact, when I use in the the garden in the spring, you'd swear I'd run a top end tiller through the garden. No more Troybilts for me! I can feel the front end of the Cub lift up going up a hill when I first lift the disk and it hits the top end stop. Other than that, it is slicker than a baby's behind. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:38 am

Hey sailor! I found a smaller disc very similar to a Leinbach. It is not as nice as an LB but is similar and it works a whole lot better. Now I need to find a buyer for this KING KUTTER 6 footer. It should pair up with an 8 N or somthing. GT :{_}:
SundaySailor wrote:Too bad you don't have a Leinbach's such as the one in Winston-Salem, N.C. I bought a 12 disc cultivator - 3 X 2 rows in front and 3 X 2 rows in rear for $365.00 that weighs 341 lbs - brand new. It does a fine job behind my Farmall Cub. In fact, when I use in the the garden in the spring, you'd swear I'd run a top end tiller through the garden. No more Troybilts for me! I can feel the front end of the Cub lift up going up a hill when I first lift the disk and it hits the top end stop. Other than that, it is slicker than a baby's behind. :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”