This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Whats the difference

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Fireman39
10+ Years
10+ Years

Whats the difference

Postby Fireman39 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:14 pm

In a nut shell what's the difference between a 154,183 and a 185?Whick is more realiable?Whick is the better mower and snow pusher?Thanks in advance.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Whats the difference

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:53 am

The 154/185 have the same clutch in the rear on the tranny. But the 185 has the high compression more horsepower upgrade. The PTO and clutch/clutch brake has been problematic for some users. But at the sametime we need to look at the age and abuse these awesome machines have seen too.

The 184 has the clutch on the engine and the horsepower upgrade like the 184 has too.

I think anyone will do the job if its in good condition. I found a 154 with the 184/185 upgrade(high compression pistons & zenith carb). I'm happy with the 3260 mower deck. I have even made my own ripper tooth for the rear 3pt and pulled up some good sized rocks with it too. The snowplow setup i haven't figured out yet i'm going to try two sets of rear wheel weights/chains and front wheel weights for better steering then i think i've got it. I could push snow but couldn't steer(bald tires, plus no weights on the front) Thats not the machines fault. But it did seem to have plenty of wheel spinning power breaking up 6" of frozen ice on top of 6" of wet snow. Thats one hell of a combination to push and it did try but i couldn't steer with one set of wheel weights. Other snow storms its been great to use. Its like riding in a caddilac when i'm mowing its that smooth.

I can see the horse power difference between my Fcub and my int154 with the 184/185 upgrade for sure.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Fireman39
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Whats the difference

Postby Fireman39 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:23 am

Thank you,you where very helpful.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”