This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

The little things That get you

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dieselrider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16656
Tractors Owned: 1977 Cub 184 Lowboy
1979 John Deere 2640
2013 Kubota L3800 TLB
1949 International Cub

The little things That get you

Postby Dieselrider » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:32 am

Regarding the post about my replacing the points and such below.I found the problem....me. When I was putting things back together, I could have sworn the rotation of the distributor was counter clock wise looking towards the front of the engine so, I connected the plug wires 1,3,4,and 2. The rotation is clockwise and therefore, 2 and three were backwards. How is it that I can get something so stuck in my head to "just know" I am right and be so totally wrong. Switched those two wires and ran like a new machine last night. I always knew that I was the smartest kid in school, because I overheard the teachers saying they "can't teach that kid anything". I hope the cub Gods can be forgiving. :brainfart:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: The little things That get you

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:18 am

Th bad part is that it gets worse as you get older. :tears:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:49 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Th bad part is that it gets worse as you get older. :tears:
Yes it do.

Bought a boat, motor and trailer. Motor needed a gasket between the carburator and reed valve assemble. Cleaned the carburator. Then I carefully laid out the gasket and punched all of the small holes, then cut to size. Installed the carburator. Next afternoon I tried to start the motor. No start. Checked spark, compression, fuel flow, starting fluid. Must have pulled on the rope for close to an hour. Double checked everything several more times. Decided to remove the carburator again.

Someone forgot to cut out the big hole in the center of the gasket. The carburator venturi hole.
I have an excuse. CRS.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:40 am

Eugene wrote:
John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Th bad part is that it gets worse as you get older. :tears:
Yes it do.

Someone forgot to cut out the big hole in the center of the gasket. The carburator venturi hole.

I done the same thing last fall on a mower carb. gave up and bought a new gasket ($6.00) and realized what I done wrong while putting the store bought one on. :oops: :oops: :oops: Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”