PTO Parts

Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:42 pm

I have a pto on my 185 that has been altered to stay on and am wondering where to get the parts to fix it back to original?

Re: PTO Parts

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:31 am

I think those, like the 184, have a electrical pto clutch. It could be someone rewired it to always be engaged. So, it could be a matter of rewiring it. Maybe someone just bypassed a bad switch rather than buying a new switch. At worst you may need a new electrical clutch. I would check with a Case/ newholland dealer and see if they are available and how much. You can also look on ebay as they come up on there from time to time.
:big smirk:

Re: PTO Parts

Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks Dieselrider
My pto is mechanical. The 185 never came with the electric pto,that was only on the 184 which was produced after the 185.

Re: PTO Parts

Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:16 pm


I'm totally unfamiliar with the 185 PTO, but if it is like the PTO on a standard Cub or early Lo-Boy, parts are available from your local CaseIH dealer or TM Tractor Parts (see link at bottom of this page).

Re: PTO Parts

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:14 pm

The 185 PTO is neither electric or works through the transmission like the F-Cubs or early lowboys. It is a live PTO and uses a friction disc setup like the 154. I think parts are still available through Case-IH but very expensive. I would get ahold of "hamiltonbob" here on the forum and see if he has anything laying around.

Re: PTO Parts

Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:48 pm

Ebay seek "hamiltonbob" in the int154 cub (search). The int154 cub PTO is the same as the 185 PTO. (mechanical and live PTO) Live meaning it spins all the time wether the clutch is up or down its a 100% of the time PTO unless the operating handle is down(off).

Re: PTO Parts

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:06 pm

I recommend taking it apart to see what has been altered, you may need therear short shaft if it has been welded. I also have had tractors that required the complete driveline as others welded the whole mess together.