This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cyclone Rake on Lo-Boy 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
marshman1k
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cyclone Rake on Lo-Boy 154

Postby marshman1k » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:31 pm

I just a ot a Cyclone Rake vacuum unit for my tractor. Go wih the XL, it matches the existing yellow paint pretty well. Doe anyone in Lo-Boyland have one of these? I'm curious to what, if anything was done to the Mower Deck Attachment. I've got a 3160 deck.

Any input appreciated.
Thanks.
Marshman1k

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Cyclone Rake on Lo-Boy 154

Postby RaymondDurban » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:33 am

http://www.cyclonerake.com/features.htm

Let us know how this works out. Don't know if anyone here has something like this. When you get it hooked up, pay close attention to how much dirt it sucks up out of your yard, if any.

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Garland Terry » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:29 pm

Cool do they make one for INSIDE the homestead!! :lol: :lol: GT
marshman1k wrote:I just a ot a Cyclone Rake vacuum unit for my tractor. Go wih the XL, it matches the existing yellow paint pretty well. Doe anyone in Lo-Boyland have one of these? I'm curious to what, if anything was done to the Mower Deck Attachment. I've got a 3160 deck.

Any input appreciated.
Thanks.
Marshman1k

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:58 am

With tons of leaves now to rake with the bigger place its been driving me crazy but i do get seat time almost every other day its been that bad with the leaves this year. I been thinking of one of these either building one or just buying one. The 3260 deck mulches leaves really good and having a vac attached to the exhaust on the deck with a trailer for a compartment would be a great idea. Then i can get into composting for the garden too. I see some of these costing around $1,500+ too. Yup let us know how it works out.

Right now i start out in the middle of the yard and work my way to the sides mulching and pushing the leaves to the sides. I do have wild spots were i can just leave them but in the spring i do rake were i can't leave them. This is the only task i hate doing all the time in the fall.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

marshman1k
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby marshman1k » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:06 pm

Hey guys I'm back. I have the 3260 deck, not the 3160 I thought.

I do suck up a lot of dirt and stones. The deck will hopefuly be overhauled in the off season. Scalping seems to be a bit of a problem. At least the leaves hide the spots now! i am contemplating some type of wheel assembly like the Woods decks have.

Yellow Lady Down!
Was looking forward to some seat time this past Sat. Tooling around the front yard, (getting dirty looks from neighbors), sucking up leaves with reckless abandon. The mower stopped rotating. Blew the bearing on one of the idler pulleys in the back by the drawbar. New ones coming from E-Bay. No replacements at the dealer. However......someonr has a '78 vintage 154, 60" deck, 2- 48" decks, 48" plow $2500. Might be worthwhile?

Marshman1k

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:08 pm

Does your deck still have the roller on the front with the two wheels on each side. Also are the 'skids' that run under the deck from front to back still there? How well did it mulch up the leaves going into the hopper. How much fabrication was needed to fit the chute to the mower? I may get one of these things as well if they work decently.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:19 am

First we just seen this add on TV for the cyclone leaf vaccume setup while having supper with the wife. (gave her the idea on what were talking about :?: ) I wish there was an easy way to make one.

We need to shut off the chute on the deck with a plate so it will mulch first. Then we need to make a vertical hole over the the outer blade on the exhaust side for the suction pipe. Then the suction pipe connects to the leaf vac and to the box trailer. Now i would make my first pass on the leaves with just the mulcher to chew them up good and small then go with the leaf vac to pick them up. I just need to find a briggs engine with a leaf vac on it for hoses.

On my 3260 deck i noticed the middle plate that holds the spindle to the deck is on an angle since i crashed it. I also noticed its missing bolts on one side, there are no holes so it allows the center spindle to tilt and scalp too at times.

I replaced the front roller with a new one from IH and fabricated the rear side wheels from the ones from TSC on angle brackets. Just make sure you leave room for the 13,6x16 turf tires. I had the 8,3's and switched to the 13.6's and had to remove my rear wheels and need to remount them farther out on the deck now. I didn't plan on getting the larger tires till i seen them on sleezebay. Just some food for thought....... :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”