!970 model 154 Lo-Boy -- Oh Boy!!!

Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:05 pm

Folks,

I just thought that I would give you some pics of an Oh boy Lo-Boy!!!! This is a 1970 model in original condition. Other than regular washes this Lo-Boy has never been wet until today. It was delivered in the rain.

A good friend of mine is the original owner (don't ask, he plans to stay the original owner) and keeps it stored under cover and well maintained. I get to replace the rear seal (thanks Rick) and "anything else it needs." Should be fun. Any hints you have would be appreciated. Yes I have the manual and will read it before I tackle this project.

Thanks for taking a look.

Bill

Re: !970 model 154 Lo-Boy -- Oh Boy!!!

Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Very nice machine! It will be a little hard to get to everything with the way the tractor is designed.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:03 am

Nice tractor!!!! I like the brush buster on the front too. I could use something like that when i go brush hogging with mine too. I took out some 6' tall bambo a while back. The front of the tractor catches a lot of abuse so some kind of brush bumper is neded to keep the stuff off of the machine.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Bill,

Trust me on this one, that brush buster has never seen brush, nor has the tractor been abused in any way. The owner is VERY particular about the care and maintenance of what he owns. That is why it is in such great shape for being 38 years old and after mowing lots of lawn, often. It takes him six to eight hours a mowing and he often does it twice a week.

Bill

Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Looks really nice Bill.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:25 pm

Bill that is a nice looking rig ! :D