Fcub ring gear???

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:47 am

Will an Fcub ring gear fit the int154 cub flywheel? I know it has to be heated to get in on. I need more amps from an alternator so i can run work lights. So i'll have to add a starter.

Re: Fcub ring gear???

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:48 pm

The part number is the same for the ring gear on the F cub and the numbered series , so it should fit.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:26 pm

The ring gear for the 184 tractors has the same part # as the FCUBS, but the 154 does not use the same flywheel as the 184 so I do not think it will work, unless you change the flywheel, which will involve loads of other modifications.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:30 pm

I would like to add 4 rear work lights and two more front headlites besides the two headlites in the grill already. I just want better night vision for working. I'm really getting into this now with the extra machine. Maybe adding a ring gear and starter so i can add an alternator will make this happen.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:40 pm

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure the ring gear will fit the flywheel.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:46 pm

I'm with you bigdog i have that gut feeling it will work and since the tractor will be apart soon i'm going to try it.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:11 am

I would beleive its compatible. How else would IH keep the engine in "balance" if the flywheels were different???

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:47 am

Bermuda Ken wrote:I would beleive its compatible. How else would IH keep the engine in "balance" if the flywheels were different???

Exactly this is what i have been thinking too. They would have to be the same size.