This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Overheating question??

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Overheating question??

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:52 am

Go to; www.metkit.com/ and look at the parts, go to the bearings/pins and they list the mechanical tubing for the outer sleeves, the "moly" impregnated bearings and the correct under sized pins for the backhoe application. You just need to figure the sizes into your design and they will do special cuts/lengths to fit your design too if need be. It also needs to have zerk fittings on all the moving parts too so they can be greased with moly daily when in use.

I'm not using bearings on my FEL since it moves slow and the forces aren't really high. I figure to use good steel with a moly grease for the moving parts(so far thats my plan) I don't see any wear at all on my neighbors Danco FEL with no bearings or bushings so far after all these many years its been on his cadet 147. But i could change my mind during the process to hardened bronze bushings. But I think if i use 4140HT structural tubing and is thompson shaft for the pins which is case hardened on the outside it should last. We do have some choices for the FEL.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Is this something like what you were interested in doing???
This image is from the KubKraft website.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Yup thats what i'm going to do to an int154.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:19 pm

BigBill,
Tell me more about how you plan to obtain power steering on the 154.
If this were a reasonable price, I would love to add power steering to my loboy.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:14 pm

outdoors4evr wrote:BigBill,
Tell me more about how you plan to obtain power steering on the 154.
If this were a reasonable price, I would love to add power steering to my loboy.

Me and Terry have been kicking ideas back and forth so far but no real answers yet. I'm looking to use the 154 orginal hydraulics for the power steering. We do have a few options like a power rack and pinion setup, a smaller power steering box or adding a power assist unit too. Once i get it all apart and the frame boxed the power steering will be addressed next while its still bare.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”