This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 Trans Question

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

154 Trans Question

Postby Jersey_cub » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:44 pm

I have my 154 split with Creeper Drive and was trying to find out if I can remove the Creeper Drive from the trans. and then remove the shifting rod to repair one of my shifting forks without to much of a problem.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: 154 Trans Question

Postby BigBill » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:26 pm

I believe if the fork is just loose they tighten it and tac weld it with just the cover off the tranny. If the fork is broken then it has to be disassembled.

Hey Jersey Cub I grew up in the 50's to the 60's in Westwood NJ thats near Paramus. Westwood is one of the cleanest towns i have ever lived in. They even washed the streets once a week. I was working in Yonkers,NY and went to Westwood one night and found it exactly the sameway. I think they still roll up the sidewalks at 7pm too. I wished we never moved from there.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:52 pm

Well Big Bill it's the worst case scenario :( The top of the fork is broke, so I have to slip that shifter rod out so when I repair it I can re-assemble it. I just wanted to know if by removing the Creeper Drive I would be able to slide that shifter rod forward.

Big Bill:

I don't know much about Westwood since I have lived here in the Freehold and Farmingdale area all my life. So far! I can tell you that lots of things have changed here, and not for the better. I have retired in the last year and find that I now have a lot more time to relax and enjoy playing with my two tractors and pretending to be a small time vegetable farmer. But it keeps me out of trouble and gives me time with my son helping me keep them running, not to mention the time me and my wife spend planting, picking, and canning. By the way the other tractor I have is a Cub that I bought from Ralph back in 04 it's the little red binder A great little tractor. I can't say enough good things about Ralph. He is a real good person to deal with as honest a person as I have ever dealt with :D . Well that's about all I can say for now thanks for your input and if you have any other suggestions for me please feel free.

Joe

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:52 pm

You should be able to slide the shifter rail back out of the way far enough to remove the shift fork by removing nothing but the top cover of the transmission.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:00 pm

Does the creeper tranny cover the little freeze out plugs that cover the shifter rods? If they do the creeper tranny will have to be removed. I think the creeper covers a good part of the upper tranny.

Ralph is the best and were lucky to have him here with his used fcub parts, he keeps us supplied with parts. He also knows how to ship it cheaper too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks gentleman I will try Big Dogs suggestion first and if that doesn't work well off with the Creeper Drive. By the way hello Big Dog it's been a while, and thanks for leading me to Ralph for the Little Red Binder, It's running like a champ :D Oh yeah by the way with all of these nick names like Big Dog,and Big Bill I guess I should have taken the nick name of Big Joe. It would fit :lol: .

Have a great day guys and thanks :)

Joe

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:32 am

Jersey_cub wrote:Thanks gentleman I will try Big Dogs suggestion first and if that doesn't work well off with the Creeper Drive. By the way hello Big Dog it's been a while, and thanks for leading me to Ralph for the Little Red Binder, It's running like a champ :D Oh yeah by the way with all of these nick names like Big Dog,and Big Bill I guess I should have taken the nick name of Big Joe. It would fit :lol: .

Have a great day guys and thanks :)

Joe

Ok BigJoe!!!!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:35 am

Joe! It's good to hear from you again! Don't be such a stranger! I asked Ralph a while back if he had heard from you lately.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 am

Bigdog:

I am sorry for not staying in touch with everyone,but quite a few things have been going on with me as far as work was concerned and well I finally had to retire so I will have more time on my hands now to do the things that I really enjoy as specially vegetable gardening and playing with my two tractors. You know the big problem is the money situation as all of us I am sure are faced with these days. I was going over the site yesterday and was tempted to call Ralph. I think I will give him a call later today. Any way it's good to be back and to hear from you. This is still the best site on the web :{_}: .

Joe or Jersey_cub, or Big Joe WHAT EVER :!: :!: :!:

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”