This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH Carb

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

IH Carb

Postby BigBill » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 pm

I noticed my 3rd int154 cub loboy has the orginal IH carbuerator. My two other int154's and my 52 fcub have the zenith carbs. Is the IH carb any better than the zenith carbs or visa versa?
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH Carb

Postby RaymondDurban » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I wouldn't say any better, or any worse. The 154 IH carb has a larger throat and bigger jets than the older FCub carbs, but I don't think it is quite a big as the Zenith. Both of my 154's have the IH carb.

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

Postby Jersey_cub » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Bigbill:

I had the original IH carb on my 154 and had to replace it, I put a zenith on and feel it gave me a little more power, but that could just be because of the new carb. I do know that the zenith that I purchased is a bit larger and does have a bigger bore, but if the manifold doesn't match the carb it woun't make a difference.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:32 pm

With my first int154 cub the PO just rebuilt the engine and he did the 184/185 hp upgrade. I was told the zenith carb is new, it also has the high compression pistons. He also told me there is only 2 years on it since the rebuild and its been sitting most of the time since the PO passed away. With the 18hp upgrade thats 33 1/3rd more power over my fcub. My rebuilt fcub motor seems to be low and slow power wise but its all torque. I was pulling out the roots from the bushes i just cut with the fcub and it yanked then right out with the cultivators. On the other hand i was using the sub soiler(ripper tooth) I made for my 3pt on my 154 and i was pulling out the surface rocks that the frost pushes up with no problem too. The sub soiler would just roll then up and out.

I may swap out the IH carb on my 154 to my fcub.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”