A few more pics of my 154

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Here are a few more pics of the 154 that me and my son worked on rebuilding the rear.

Just thought I would throw one in of the cub too.

Re: A few more pics of my 154

Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:54 pm

Looks good. Thanks for the pics. Grump

Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:42 am

They both look good. Thanks for the pics.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:44 am

Thanks fellas. The 154 needs some front end body work as you can see and some new paint which I did purchase from TSC as you suggested Bigbill. Ive been wondering if I could find a new glass front grill, are they available?

This fall I plan on pulling the engine and rebuilding it with my son although it runs good it does smoke a bit. I did fined some seafoam and put some in the crank and the gas tank, that stuff really works. I was pleasantly surprised so much so I put another can in my Jeep. I thought this stuff would be like the other additives that you buy a lot of hype. But it works! It realy works :{_}:

Another good suggestion from this forum :!: And the hits keep on commin :D

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:37 am

Very nice looking 154. I love those tractors, and spent MANY hours on one at my grandfather's place moing his 4-acres.

That grill surround is really not too bad, and looks like it is 99% complete. Yours is really in pretty good shape compared to most. I would strongly consider buying a fiberglass repair kit and doing he work yourself. The aftermarket grill surrounds, if you can find one, are running anywhere from $250 on up. You may even be able to just use Bondo on yours, since it is so complete. Bondo and fiberglass window screen works pretty good.

Bill

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:52 am

Bill:

You know my wife suggested the same thing using a fiberglass repair kit, and I have just been to lazy to do just that :oops: But after you telling me the cost of an aftermarket one. Ill do the repair.

My son and I plan on doing the engine this fall so Ill just repair the front surround then. Thanks for the kind comments, I love that tractor too it has done a lot of work for me, and lord only knows how much it did before I owned it. As far as I'm concerned the 154 is a heck of a workhorse :-:-):

Tue May 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Looks good!

Wed May 20, 2009 9:10 pm

Love those pictures of the 154, same tires as I have!

Thu May 21, 2009 6:43 am

Joe - I was looking at your pictures in the photohost. Fantastic!

Fri May 22, 2009 5:23 am

Jersey_cub wrote:Thanks fellas. The 154 needs some front end body work as you can see and some new paint which I did purchase from TSC as you suggested Bigbill. Ive been wondering if I could find a new glass front grill, are they available?

This fall I plan on pulling the engine and rebuilding it with my son although it runs good it does smoke a bit. I did fined some seafoam and put some in the crank and the gas tank, that stuff really works. I was pleasantly surprised so much so I put another can in my Jeep. I thought this stuff would be like the other additives that you buy a lot of hype. But it works! It realy works :{_}:

Another good suggestion from this forum :!: And the hits keep on commin :D

I totally aggree with the seafoam comment...it works real good for two strokes..put some in my 83 honda express this weekend and picked up 4 mph after it cleaned out the carbon.....my son was having fun running around the block.....good times.....good product
Robert (your tractors are cool too) Miller