This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mower Mule (Pto) drive belts B158

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Mower Mule (Pto) drive belts B158

Postby BigBill » Tue May 19, 2009 8:22 pm

I'm not sure if its my bad luck or not but i'm on my second mower drive belt in less than a year. I been using the napa B158 belts. I just received a B158 Gates belt from mcmaster carr and i hope it holds up better. The Gates belt seems a better quality belt. Its 161" long and its the mule drive belt that goes from the PTO to the 3260 mower deck.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Mower Mule (Pto) drive belts B158

Postby Gary Dotson » Wed May 20, 2009 6:12 am

NAPA belts ARE Gates belts! I doubt that you will have any better luck with the one from McMaster. I ran into the same problem ,with the Gates belts, on the neighbors tractor that has a Woods belly mower. The belt would only last for about 3 hrs. mowing time. For a few bucks more, we got a belt from Woods and they can get 2 seasons mowing with one of them. I don't think the Gates B series belt can tolerate the necessary back bending to go around idler pulleys. I'm sure that if you contact a Woods dealer, with your belt deminsion, they will have a suitable belt. They might even have a cross reference.

I found the same to hold true on my Kubota belly mower. I thought I was pretty slick and would use a Gates belt and save a lot of money, over buying from Kubota. Bad idea! It mowed the lawn one time! When I use the, more expensive, Kubota belt, it will last 4 - 5 years. I guess it's not expensive after all.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Mower Mule (Pto) drive belts B158

Postby BigBill » Fri May 22, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm trying to save a few $$ too. I mowed twice now and it still looks like new. Yup my next belt maybe an "IH" belt since its a IH 3260 deck.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”