Cub LoBoy 154 Value with deck and attachments

Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:02 am

I just bought a 154 that needs engine work but is in incredible condition. The mower deck isn't rusted-out or dented at all. The sheet metal on the tractor is faded but in great condition. I am considering selling the mower deck or attachments (plow/rototiller/snow blade/discs) for money to put into the engine. Does anyone have any ideas or rough numbers that stuff is worth? Thanks

Re: Cub LoBoy 154 Value with deck and attachments

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:13 am

You don't say where you are located?? What state?

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:23 am

Bill he is located somewhere around Carlisle NY.

As with anything price depends on demand. The 154 implements are not that common (other than mower), and can bring some good money. If you can sell the attachments, I believe you will have no problems with having enough money to rebuild an engine. Take some photos and post them in the "For Sale" section. Also visit the yahoo.com numbered series group and post a for sale ad over there as well.

Good luck.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:52 am

Sorry I didn't mention where I am. The tractor is in Carlisle, NY which is about 45 miles west of Albany.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:36 pm

I put together some pictures on Flickr. Check out the link please: http://www.flickr.com/photos/robcrss9/s ... 920310741/

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:16 am

I have not seen a rototiller with a pony engine of this age before. Interesting...

I have paid $400 for a 3-point PTO driven rototiller in working condition with solid sheet metal.

Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Nice looking cub with an amazing amount of attachments. Most I have seen come with a mower, sickle bar and a front blade. The 3 point system on the back is a very nice feature. I put rings, bearings and had the head redone for less than two hundred so it is not a real expensive project. Good luck with whatever you decide.