This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Its been a rough year so far

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Its been a rough year so far

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:22 pm

Me and my son took my 1st int154 apart to repair the loose 1st /rev fork and inspect the PTO clutch for slippage. The tranny looks great and i just tighten up the fork and set the pto clutched to the correct dimemtion and threw it back together. My PTO works awesome now. But i mowed my lawn and by the time i got it done my shifter jammed in 2nd gear. If i shifted it i had two gears engage. It seemed like it was engaging 1st / rev gear while it was stuck in second gear. I just couldn't get the shifter ball to slip back into the 2nd / 3rd gate on the fork. No matter how hard i tried. I knew something else had happened to it.

We took the fenders and mid sheetmetal off today in one piece its 10 bolts with the seat frame/seat. We removed the shifter cover and found the gates were the shifter ball rides on the forks to be spread. I took a long punch and bend them to there orginal position and closed up the gates to were the shifter ball would just fit. You need to becareful in doing this because the "H" pattern on the bottom of the shifter cover needs to interact and be lined up with the gates on the forks. I then put the shifter cover back on with two screws to test it to make sure it would shift properly. I did this very lightly so i didn't spread out the gates again. Then i covered the top of the tranny with old welding gloves the best i could and proceeded to weld both sides of the gates on each fork so they will stay inplace. I replaced the shifter cover and it works fine now with very little play in the shifter.

Its been a learning process so far for my son but i'm making headway now. He on his own repaired 3 tractors for me before the thunder showers arrived. He told me he enjoys fixing them. He's really hooked. BB
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”